Wednesday 16 January 2013

Saturated Canary - Ava

Good Morning, and what a cold a frosty one it is here in Cumbria - brrrrrrrrrr.  The fire is blazing and I really don't want to go out today but my 7 year old daughter Brooke has got school swimming and I promised I would sit next to her on the bus!!!!!!

Aaaaanyhow, my New Year resolution has been slightly scuppered.  I promised myself I would post AT LEAST one card a week and we're now in our third week of January - my goodness where does the time go?? I did remember that I've posted 3 piccies so far on my blog so I might let myself off this time - but just this once, lol.

Today's card is for my friends daughter, whose birthday is tomorrow.  She's very girly and apart from the hair colour, looks alot like Ava.  The hair did start off blonde, but I haven't quite got the hang of blonde yet, so she ended up with brown!!!!!


Not the best photo I'm afraid - I'm no David Bailey and I haven't as yet got somewhere sorted out with decent light, so wherever there is a smidge-in of something resembling light in the house - that's where I take the piccy.

The gorgeous digital image is from Saturated Canary, and as the title suggests, is called Ava - what an Artist Krista is.  I've coloured her with Prisma Pencils and blended those with Sansador, then finished off with a good dousing of stickles star dust, as Ilana loves sparkle!!  The purple paper is from Craft Creations as are the cala lillies and the brown leaves underneath.

The Cherry Blossoms and pearls are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The purple lavendar and roses (squished unfortunately) were found at the bottom of a box and were the only purple flowers I had to go with the card, so they got plopped on.  Mental note - must have a shop at WOC, lol.  The white decorative corner is a Marianne Design die, slathered with crystal glamour dust.

The white frilly stuff was off a Christmas cracker which I long stitched through the middle then gathered up.  I don't have funds as yet to spendie on all that gorgeous lace out there so I have to make do with what I can find.  Hey - I'm a recycler, rofl!!!!

Sentiment was computer generated over the top of some free gingham printables which Bev has kindly added to her blog.

Whatever you are doing today, have a good one, and I'll blog you all again soon.

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are warmly welcomed and very much appreciated, thank you for taking the time - hugs'n'stuff - Jo x