Sunday 28 July 2013

School's out for Summer

Just a quickie post to let you know I'm still alive and kickin' as they say and a couple of piccies of thank you gifts that my daughter Brooke wanted to take into school for a couple of her teachers.

It was rather new to me making gifts for teachers as I have 2 older kids who are boys, who weren't into present giving at the end of the school year.

I decided to have a go at stamping onto candles - something I've seen on a lot of blogs, so I found a tutorial here, and this is the result.


I'm actually quite pleased with my first attempt, although I think I need to colour slightly darker onto the tissue paper as it faded quite a bit once it was heated onto the candle.  The candles btw were from Morrisons - £1 each, bargain.  You can't get a box of choccies or a bunch of flowers for that.

I also made a very simple thank you card to go with each candle in matching colours.  The fairy on tiptoe is coloured in prisma pencils, apart from the skin which was coloured with copics - yep, I treat myself to a couple of skin tone copic ciaos to see how I get on with them - oh me oh my, I need ALOT of practice, but hey, you've gotta start somewhere lol.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are warmly welcomed and very much appreciated, thank you for taking the time - hugs'n'stuff - Jo x