Wednesday 6 November 2013

Pink - and a lot of it

Hello my lovelies, I hope you're all keeping well.

Todays card has been made using the gorgeous Raining Hearts Tilda, which a very sweet blogging friend send to me (mwaaaah - you know who you are xxx) so I could try out some different watercolour paper.  I wasn't overly chuffed with the stuff I had for watercolouring and tbh, I was using my prisma pencils on it as it just didn't blend well at all with distress ink.  Probably got something to do with the fact that I'm a novice and need a little more time to move the ink around.  Anyhow, the paper used today is Langton, and I must say, it's fab, just fab - totally love it, and it didn't take me long to decide that's what I'm gonna use in future - although hubby says I have to use my current stash up first - pah, yeah right, I'll be here all year, lol!!!!!!!

Anyhow, I was asked to make this for a real girly girls 4th birthday - hence the overpowering injection of pink - hmmm, yeah I know, bit in your face for me but hey, the customer is always right - I think!!!!!
Like I said, the image was supplied by a blogging friend (x) and I've coloured her up with distress ink refills. I've used a large gardenia flower and some cherry blossoms from the amazing Wild Orchid Crafts and a doily and cheesecloth from Live and Love Crafts.  Again the papers I've had for ages, but I think the deep pink in the background is from Craft Creations along with the balloons - tuther paper stuff I ain't got a clue, lol.

The prezzies and cake are quickcutz dies that I found in a drawer - oopsie.  I cut a cheery lynn kiwi doily die out of the same pink paper, distressed it and layered it on top of the white doily just to break the white up a bit. The butterflies are a mixture of Martha Stewart, Joy and Memory Box.  I actually wish I'd matted them between the paper layers rather than on the top but hey, hindsight is a wonderful thing lol.  The little puffy clouds are also Memory Box dies.

Well that's it from me for today, I'm on a roll atm with Christmas cards, so I'm gonna get on before my mojo disappears out the window.


Have a lovely day

4 comments:

  1. This is utterly gorgeous! I love the colours and all details.
    Thanks for playing with us at our Birthday Bash Challenge at Marvelous Magnolia.

    Hugs,
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinkalicious! Absolutely charming! Thank you so much for sharing your amazing card with us at Tilda's Town! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Tilda coloring Jo! So glad you linked up to Tilda's Town Challenges! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great coloring and great design. There are so many lovely details.
    Thank you for joining us at the Marvelous Magnolia challenge. Hope to see you again soon!
    Hugs,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete

Comments are warmly welcomed and very much appreciated, thank you for taking the time - hugs'n'stuff - Jo x